Garage Door Spring Replacement
WHAT IS INVOLVED WITH GARAGE DOOR SPRING REPLACEMENT IN Gladstone, US?
A common repair for garage door issues in Gladstone, US is garage door spring replacement. This coiled part aids in the opening and closing of the door. The pressure that your door is literally under calls for well maintained springs. On the other hand, when broken or worn, danger rises. While the fix is common, DIY is not the solution. Attempting this garage door repair in Gladstone, US on your own complicates matters.
Improperly installed or broken springs have been known to snap or release the garage door. The resulting property damage, injury, or even death prove a cost too high to pay… particularly when a trained professional like Kauffman Lock Key offers a quick and safe garage door repair in the Gladstone, US area.
WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT WHEN CONTRACTING GARAGE DOOR SERVICE?
- Courteous service
- An explanation as to which springs to use
- A cost estimate
- Quick repair of your broken spring
WHAT TYPE OF SPRINGS DO YOU NEED?
- As indicated, garage door springs come in two main categories, extension and torsion. Considering the features of each type helps to determine which best fits your preferences. Let’s take a look at the basics:
- Newer style
- Attached above the garage opening
- One single part
- Twist and coil using torque to raise the door
- More length and wire size options to fit your use
- Cause less wear to and power from the door operator
- Smooth, controlled door movement
- Easy to maintain
- Broken spring remains in shaft to decrease risk of damage or injury
- More durable
- Higher return on investment
- Growing in popularity
- Most common in residential garages
- Attached on both sides of the door
- Involve many exposed parts
- Extend or stretch upon opening the door
- Potentially result in a jerky door movement
- Possibly lead to door alignment and part wear issues
- Pair with safety cables to decrease risk of damage or injury
- Half the lifespan of torsion springs
- Cause damage when spring breaks
- Less expensive
HOW DO YOU CHOOSE THE BEST SPRINGS FOR Gladstone, US GARAGE DOOR REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT?
- Garage door weight and height
- Track radius